The Cyprus University of Technology will host the event “Inclusive Future for All – Presentation of the CUT Equality Plan (2022-24)’’ which will take place on Wednesday, October 12, at 5:00 p.m at Cyprus University of Technology.
The design of the Equality Plan aims to commit our University to a dynamic and innovative culture based on equality, diversity and inclusion. The Cyprus University of Technology through the implementation of the Equality Plan (2022-2024) takes an active position in the fight against intersectional inequalities and stereotypes that are reproduced on the basis of interrelated aspects – gender, race, age, disability, sexuality, social-economic situation – with the aim of spreading knowledge, and promoting existing and establishing new policies to create an inclusive working and learning environment.
The Equality Commissioner Ms. Iosifina Antoniou will attend the event and will address a greeting.
The event is organized by the Gender-SMART project, in co-organization with the CUT’s Equality Committee, and the EUT+ project.
In the presentation, the members of the CUT community, staff and students, will be informed about the main pillars and actions included in the Plan, as well as about the roles and responsibilities of each implementing body.
The program of the event will be as follows:
- Greetings from the Rector of the University, Prof. Panayiotis Zaphiris
- Greetings from the Equality Commissioner, Ms. Iosifina Antoniou
- Presentation of the Equality Plan by the Gender-SMART & EUt+ project team (Ms. Panagiota Polykarpou & Dr. Eleni Pashia)
- Signing of Equality Plan by the Rector of the University (Prof. Panayiotis Zaphiris) & President of the Council (Christos Chomatas)
- Closing & Acknowledgments
A reception will follow.
The event will be held in English, and will take place in the Pefkios Georgiades Amphitheater, Andreas Themistokleous Building of the Cyprus University of Technology, accessible for wheelchairs.