Organised as part of the EU-funded Gender-SMART project (H2020), Yellow Window and the Cyprus University of Technology offer an introductory online training to Gender Equality Plans. Know about the main EU policy frameworks and priorities to promote gender equality in research and innovation and the new requirements introduced in Horizon Europe.
Creating your Gender Equality Plan. Towards gender-aware research organisations: Basic keys to elaborate Gender Equality Plans
- Date: Wednesday, 9 November 2022 at 09.30 – 13.30 cet (Brussels time).
- Registration is required, here.
This training aims at explaining the basic concepts of a Gender Equality Plan and its main stages. It will sensitise participants about key problems at stake regarding gender in Research and Innovation and raise awareness about the importance of institutional change for gender equality.
The session will be offered for free to those interested in implementing GEPs in their research organisations:
- Gender equality officers/Focal persons; Equality/Diversity officers
- Human resources officers
- Middle managers aiming to start the path towards institutional change
- Organizational change agents in research organizations
- Raise awareness about the importance of institutional change for gender equality
- Know about the main EU policy frameworks and priorities to promote gender equality in research and innovation and by the new requirements introduced in Horizon Europe
- Sensitise about key problems at stake regarding gender in R&I
- Familiarise with the concept of a GEP and its main stages
- Familiarise with the GEAR tool and how to use it
Please, note that the zoom link for the training session will be sent shortly before the session to those who registered via the form. As seats are limited, the training will be offered to those interested in implementing GEPs in their research organisations. Please, also note that you must comply with the profile of participants for this training session.
Vasia Madesi is a Consultant at Yellow Window and an experienced professional in EU project management, with a specialisation in coordination and support of European Research and Innovation projects. She holds a BSc in Political Sciences from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and an MSc in Political Theory and Philosophy. Since 2014, Vasia has participated in the implementation of several research and innovation projects which cover various sectors, including entrepreneurship, innovation and technology with a gender+ and inclusion dimension. Currently, she is part of the GE Academy Gender Trainers network and a team member in several EU projects including Gender-SMART.
Panayiota Polykarpou holds a degree in Business and Public Administration from the University of Cyprus. Her interests focus on gender and equality, diversity and inclusion, and in 2020 she co-founded the first digital awareness campaign for gender equality in Cyprus called “Thkio Logia” and furthermore co-authored the book “A book about equality – A few words for a big change”. She firmly believes in the empowerment of young girls and in December 2021 she launched a new initiative in Cyprus called “Girls in STEAM Academy” which aims to inspire the next generation of women leaders in STEAM fields. Currently, she works at Cyprus University of Technology as Research Fellow & Project Manager of Gender-SMART.